NCLOR 6.0 New Features
Recently, the NCLOR updated the application to version 6.0. The update went very well without any technical issues. With the update came a few notable end-user functionality enhancements that could be of benefit to educators.
The following is a list of the features now available in NCLOR 6.0:
- Accessibility Enhancements – NCLOR 6.0 meets the international Web content accessibility guidelines from the World Wide Web Consortium, specifically Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) at Level AA, and meets the current US Government Section 508 Standards, specifically § 1194.22 Web-based intranet and Internet information and applications.
- User interface changes – Navigation buttons have been improved to offer better cueing for next action required. Some buttons may appear a different color depending on the action needed.
- LTI Provider support – NCLOR now has basic LTI provider support, allowing users to embed any NCLOR content into compliant LTI consumer applications.
- Expanded grade levels – The NCLOR grade levels, tagged to any resource, are expanded to included each grade level individually.
- Facebook and Google+ integration – You may now recommend resources from with the Open Educational Resources (OER) collection to your Facebook or Google+ accounts. This social media integration lets you share those resources with anyone which includes people without NCLOR accounts.
To view for more information about these new features, see the NCLOR 6.0 New Features Tutorial.