Open SUNY Textbooks Added to NCLOR
Today, 6 new eTextbooks were added to the open educational resources collection of the NCLOR. Open SUNY Textbooks is an open access textbook publishing initiative established by State University of New York libraries and supported by SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grants. This pilot initiative publishes high-quality, cost-effective course resources by engaging faculty as authors and peer-reviewers, and libraries as publishing service and infrastructure.
The pilot launched in 2012, providing an editorial framework and service to authors, students and faculty, and establishing a community of practice among libraries.
The titles of the added ebooks are:
- Music and the Child – Music Education
- Teaching Autoethnography: Personal Writing in the Classroom – Writing
- Good Corporation, Bad Corporation: Corporate Social Responsibility in the Global Economy – Business Ethics
- Steps to Success: Crossing the Bridge Between Literacy Research and Practice – Literacy
- Writing in College: From Competence to Excellence – Writing
- Nursing Care at the End of Life: What Every Clinician Should Know – Nursing
- A Spiral Workbook for Discrete Mathematics – Mathematics
The ebooks in this collection are all made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
The NCCCS courses that these resource may supplement are: BUS240, ECO151, EDU152, EDU253, EDU280, ENG111, ENG125, ENG126, MAT167, NUR3218, and NUR3252.
To access these resources, you can do any of the following: