New Science and Math eBooks from Siyavula added to NCLOR
Today, 14 new open textbooks (eBooks) from Siyavula Education were added to the open educational resources collection in the NCLOR. Siyavula Education is South African based organization dedicated to creating and enabling engaging, integrated, high-quality learning experiences in Mathematics and the Sciences for learners and teachers in South Africa and globally. The set of 14 textbooks are completely open and free to use. All resources are Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported licensed.
The subjects covered in this resource series are: Earth science, Physics, Chemistry, Biological and life sciences, Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics, Probability, and Math literacy.
The list below is complete listing of textbook added:
- Natural Sciences and Technology Grade 4,5,6 – Open Textbooks (3 resources)
- Natural Sciences Grade 7,8,9 – Open Textbooks (3 resources)
- Physical Sciences Grade 10,11,12 – Open Textbooks (3 resources)
- Life Sciences Grade 10 – Open Textbook (1 resource)
- Mathematics Grade 10,11,12 – Open Textbooks (3 resources)
- Mathematical literacy Grade 10 – Open Textbook (1 resource)
The NCCCS courses that these resource may supplement are: PHY101, CHM090, CHM094, MAT121, DMA065, MAT3713, and MAT110.
To access these resources, you can do any of the following: