Wisc-Online INTERFACE and GAMMA+ content added to OER collection
The NCLOR has added content from two new Wisc-Online projects. Totaling more than 900+ learning resources, the additions are from the Wisconsin Technical College System and Fox Valley Technical College. The projects are the work products from a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The projects added to the NCLOR were:
- INTERFACE is a statewide project with participation from all 16 colleges in the Wisconsin Technical College System to develop, improve, and expand adult educational training pathways to careers in information technology-related occupations in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare, Logistics, Automation, and Manufacturing.
- The GAMMA+ project is designed to help users learn faster and better. College faculty members write mobile learning apps and flashcards for key advanced manufacturing programs.
The topics covered in these projects are; Business administration, Change management, Computer fundamentals, Computer programming, Database development and management, Electrical engineering, Industrial engineering, Knowledge management, Mathematics, Networking Security, Trade and industrial, Web technologies, and Welding.
The projects include tutorial learning objects and flashcard activities for self assessment. All content is open and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
The NCCCS courses that these resources may supplement are; ATR281, BAT111, CIS110, CIS111, CIS155, CIS3100, CSC119, CSC143, CSC3110, CTI120, CTI131, CTS240, DBA110, DBA3110, DMA020, DMA030, DMA040, DMA050, ELC111, ELN110, ELN3113, MAC111, MAC112, MAC113, MAC131, MAC132, MEC3010, NET110, NET3100, OMT222, SEC110, SEC160, WEB110, WEB3000, WLD112, WLD265, and WLD3106.
Accessibility Statement: All of the videos and/or learning objects in this update are closed captioned or have links to the text version of the video narration.
Other U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration Grant content available within the NCLOR are;
- Community College Consortium for Biosciences Credentials
- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges (EICC) Engineering Technology Simulations
To access these resources, you can do any of the following:
- Since these resources are open, you can access the series via Guest Access here: Wisc-Online or log into the NCLOR and click on the More button on the left menu bar. Then click the Resource Series link and then click the Wisc-Online link.
- If you are K-14 faculty, you can add the links to the resources directly to your LMS based course. (learn how)
Posted on March 10, 2017, in Collection Update Posts and tagged Engineering, Electrical, Electronics - DC/AC, Trade & Industrial, Computer engineering, Computer programming, Web Programming, Welding. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.