Over 450 math resources have been added to the Khan Academy and SAS Curriculum Pathways resource series. The complete developmental math collection of Khan Academy is now available in the NCLOR. Resources on Algebra, Geometry, Numbers and Operations, Statistics and Probability, and Trigonometry have been added to the SAS Curriculum Pathways series.
The NCCCS courses that could be enhanced by using these resources are: MAT120, MAT121, and MAT151. The new developmental math redesign courses will also be tagged to this content.
To access the series you can do any of the following:
- Log into the NCLOR and click on “Browse by Resource Series” and then the Khan Academy or SAS Curriculum Pathways series.
- If you are NCCCS faculty, you can add the links to the resources directly to your LMS based course. (learn how)
- Simply, click here to view the Khan series as a guest. *The SAS series is not available to guests.
The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit organization with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education to anyone anywhere. This series includes over 1600 math, biology, chemistry, finance, physics, and history videos tutorials. Each video is a digestible chunk, approximately 10 minutes long, and especially purposed for viewing on the computer.
This material is directly suited for supplementing standard lesson activities and gives the student the opportunity to review complicated procedures many times.
Bill Gates calls the Khan Academy “the future of education”.
To access the Khan Academy resource series:
- log into the NCLOR < www.explorethelor.org > or through your institution’s learning management system
- navigate to the Browse by Resource Series area
- click on the Khan Academy series.