Over 200 new and updated learning resources have been added to the NC BioNetwork collection of the NCLOR. The mission of NC BioNetwork is to provide high quality economic and workforce development for biotechnology and life science industries across North Carolina through education, training, and laboratory resources. The topics include this series are: Aquaculture, BioForum, Bioprocessing, Career Skills, Composites, Craft Beverage, DNA, Education, Experiments in Biotechnology, Good Manufacturing Practice, Green Fluorescent Protein, Lab Equipment, Lab Procedure, Lab Safety, Measurement, Microscopes, Plant Grafting Workshop, Research, Scientific Notation, Spectrophotometer, Subject/Media Preparation, Using a Pipette, Viticulture, and Zombie College.
Example: Lake Monsters and Immunoassays, BioNetwork, Published on Feb 22, 2016
The NCCCS courses that these resources may supplement are; AQU-111 Aquaculture I, BDF-115 Applied Craft Bev Microbiology, BIO-280 Biotechnology, BTC-3401 Bioprocessing in the Workplace, and VEN-135 Intro to Viticulture.
To access these resources, you can do any of the following:
- Since these resources are open, you can access the series via Guest Access here: NC BioNetwork or log into the NCLOR and click on the More button on the left menu bar. Then click the Resource Series link and then click the NC BioNetwork link.
The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction in partnership with NC School of Science and Mathematics have developed sixteen open courses in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) with over 3,500 resources. These STEM courses, now available in the NCLOR, have been designed to give teachers the materials they need to teach four, full-year courses in the subjects of: Agriscience & Biotechnology, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Energy & Sustainability, and Health & Life Sciences. The courses are organized into topical lessons and those lessons are organized into units based on themes. Many of the units are fully integrated STEM units, meaning they contain real-world challenges and authentic assessments in science, technology, engineering and math.
All course content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Course Details: Click on any of the courses outlined below to view course contents in more detail.
- Course 1: Fundamentals of Flight (15 Units)
- Course 2: Material Science and Electrical Applications (10 Units)
- Course 3: Automation ( 8 Units )
- Course 4: Security (6 Units)
- Course 1: Agricultural Ecology (9 Units)
- Course 2: Agricultural Genetics (7 Units)
- Course 3: Agricultural Biotechnology (8 Units)
- Course 4: Agricultural Solutions (8 Units)
- Course 1: Foundations (7 Units)
- Course 2: Planetary Boundaries (8 Units)
- Course 3: Human Impacts (10 Units)
- Course 4: Paths to Global Solutions (10 Units)
- Course 1: Biomedical Systems I (8 Units)
- Course 2: Biomedical Systems II (7 Units)
- Course 3: Biomaterials, Statics, and Strength of Materials (7 Units)
- Course 4: Neuroscience, Neuroengineering, and Neuroeconomics (4 Units)
To access these courses, you can do any of the following:
- Click on any of the links above.
- Log into the NCLOR and click on “Browse by NCSSM STEM Courses ” on the left menu bar.
Six new learning resources have been added to the NC BioNetwork collection of the NCLOR. The newly added resources included in this addition are: Performance Verification of an Analytical Balance (video), Strawberry DNA Extraction (video), pH Meter Calibration (video), Manufacturing Safety & Awareness (tutorial), Preparing for the Professional Interview (tutorial) and the VINSIM – Virtual Vineyard (Simulation). These new resources join the other 53 outstanding resource also included in the NC BioNetwork collection.
To access this series you can do any of the following: