Today, seventy-five resources from the University of Cambridge were added to the open educational resources collection within the NCLOR. In this series, you can find out about some of the research, discoveries and innovations that take place at Cambridge University. In particular, a collection of short films in which top researchers reveal some of their latest findings and discuss subjects ranging from energy to disappearing languages, and policing the streets to the future of robotics.
The topics included in this series are:
- Cambridge Shorts – short films from top researchers at Cambridge
- Lines of Thought – Discoveries that Changed the World – videos from the Cambridge Library
- Nano-materials Up Close – images from a electron microscope
- Under the Microscope – videos that capture glimpses of the natural and man-made world in stunning close-up
- Engineering – department of engineering based videos at University of Cambridge
- Law – videos relating to law at the University of Cambridge.
Example: Airflow across a wing engineering video – University of Cambridge
The NCCCS courses that these resource may supplement are: INT230, LEX240, CCT231, LEX160, OST149, BIO106, NAN111, EGR150, EGR230, EGR220, CJC131, AER113, ATR282, LEX110, and CMT218.
To access these resources, you can do any of the following:
The National Science Foundation collection is now updated in the NCLOR to include 206 new videos. The National Science Foundation, along with its partners at NBC Learn and CBS News, have created a digital collection of science, technology and engineering related videos. The video series included in this collection are: Chalk Talk, Changing Planet, Chemistry Now, Green Revolution, Innovation Nation, Profiles of Scientists and Engineers, Road to the New Energy Economy, Science Behind the New, Science Nation, Science in Motion, and The Science of the Summer Olympics.
These new video series join The Science of NFL Football, The Science of NHL Hockey, The Science of Speed (NASCAR), and The Science of the Olympic Winter Games series which were previously made available in the NCLOR.
The subjects included in this collection update are: Agricultural and Natural Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Health Medical Sciences, Information Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Social and Behavioral Sciences.
The NCCCS courses that could be enriched by using these resource are: ANT210, BIO130, CHM080, CHM082, CHM3001, CTS287, EDU271, EGR110, ENV110,ENV120, ENV230, FOR171, MSC160, MSC172, MUS110, PHY080, PHY090, SOC210, SOC220, SST110, and SST140.
Accessibility Statement: All of the videos in this collection are closed captioned or have links to the text version of the video narration.
To access this resource series:
- log into the NCLOR www.explorethelor.org or through your institution’s learning management system (LMS)
- navigate to the Browse by Resource Series area
- click on the National Science Foundation series.