The NCLOR’s Khan Academy resource series has been updated with 94 new video tutorial resources. All of the videos available from Khan Academy are now available in a tutorial-based format with built in navigation. Many of the resources have been tagged to an NCCCS combined course library course number. The disciplines covered in this collection update include Computer Science, U.S. History, and Grammar. Each discipline can be sorted by subject and topic.
Each tutorial in this series is a digestible chunk of information, approximately 10 minutes long, closed captioned, and especially purposed for viewing on the computer.
Some of the topics covered in the tutorials are:
- Computer Science – Algorithms, Cryptography, Information theory, the Internet
- U.S. History – Colonial America, Pre-revolution, Early republic, Civil War …more
- Grammar – Nouns, Verbs, Pronouns, Preposition, Conjunctions …more
Example: “What is the Internet”, Jun 27, 2016, Khan Academy by Code.org
The NCCCS courses that these resources may supplement are; COM150, CSC120, CSC130, CSC230, CSC249, EFL081, EFL082, EFL083, EFL084, ENG110, ENG138, ENG138, HIS131, HIS132, NET111, SEC150, SEC3100, and WEB110.
To access these resources, you can do any of the following:
- Log into the NCLOR and click on the More button on the left menu bar. Then click the Resource Series link and then Khan Academy.
- If you are K-14 faculty, you can add the links to the resources directly to your LMS based course. (learn how)
- or just click Khan Academy Resource Series to view the content as an NCLOR guest user.