The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction in partnership with NC School of Science and Mathematics have developed sixteen open courses in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) with over 3,500 resources. These STEM courses, now available in the NCLOR, have been designed to give teachers the materials they need to teach four, full-year courses in the subjects of: Agriscience & Biotechnology, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Energy & Sustainability, and Health & Life Sciences. The courses are organized into topical lessons and those lessons are organized into units based on themes. Many of the units are fully integrated STEM units, meaning they contain real-world challenges and authentic assessments in science, technology, engineering and math.
All course content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Course Details: Click on any of the courses outlined below to view course contents in more detail.
- Course 1: Fundamentals of Flight (15 Units)
- Course 2: Material Science and Electrical Applications (10 Units)
- Course 3: Automation ( 8 Units )
- Course 4: Security (6 Units)
- Course 1: Agricultural Ecology (9 Units)
- Course 2: Agricultural Genetics (7 Units)
- Course 3: Agricultural Biotechnology (8 Units)
- Course 4: Agricultural Solutions (8 Units)
- Course 1: Foundations (7 Units)
- Course 2: Planetary Boundaries (8 Units)
- Course 3: Human Impacts (10 Units)
- Course 4: Paths to Global Solutions (10 Units)
- Course 1: Biomedical Systems I (8 Units)
- Course 2: Biomedical Systems II (7 Units)
- Course 3: Biomaterials, Statics, and Strength of Materials (7 Units)
- Course 4: Neuroscience, Neuroengineering, and Neuroeconomics (4 Units)
To access these courses, you can do any of the following:
- Click on any of the links above.
- Log into the NCLOR and click on “Browse by NCSSM STEM Courses ” on the left menu bar.
- If you are K-14 faculty, you can add the links to the resources directly to your LMS based course. (learn how)