The American Public University System ePress (APUS) ePress is an electronic academic publisher providing high quality open access, low cost, and specialty digital materials for online classroom and scholarly use. There are currently four course eTextbooks available within this series. The courses titles included are:
- Effectiveness in Writing
- Music Appreciation
- Research, Analysis, and Writing
- World Literature Anthology: Through the Renaissance
The NCCCS courses that these resources may supplement are; ENG111, ENG116, ENG252, and MUS110.
To access these resources, you can do any of the following:
- Since these resources are open, you can access the series via Guest Access here: American Public University System ePress.
- Also you may log into the NCLOR and click on the More button on the left menu bar. Then click the Resource Series link and click the series of your choice.
- If you are K-14 faculty, you can add the links to the resources directly to your LMS based course. (learn how)
The Harvard University Extension School’s Open Learning Initiative resource series includes 8 noncredit courses featuring Harvard faculty. This 194 item series is comprised of courses in disciplines such as: the classics, English, computer science, mathematics and history. All courses include lecture videos but some may include links to lecture notes and/or problem sets.
To access this resource series:
- log into the NCLOR < www.explorethelor.org > or through your institution’s learning management system (LMS)
- navigate to the Browse by Resource Series area
- click on the Harvard Open Learning Initiative series.